Zion Cemetery, with the massive Baynard mausoleum built in 1846, marks the location of the Chapel of Ease. The Hilton Head Island Episcopal Church off Ease of St. Luke’s Parish was built c. 1786 under the direction of Isaac Fripp and Captain John Stoney. The chapel was consecrated in 1833. In 1834 the communion service, which is still in use (where), was imported from London. The chapel was abandoned and destroyed in 1868.

Preserved by the Heritage Library Foundation